"Acting for the Camera Certificate Program"
University of W Extension, Session 7
INTRO:
Seventh Class for "Acting for the Camera Certificate Program", at University of W Extension
We spent the class reviewing the stage combat, and a few of us received some additinoal choreogrphy which I will talk about more in the Reflections section.
TOPIC: N/A
HOMEWORK
1. Carry over: Get props/idea for Private moment in public exercise.
2. Carry over: Find private moment examples
3. Review monologue.
REFERENCES
REFLECTION
This week was a review of the fight choreography from last week, in preparation for filming. I was flattered to be in one of the two pairs which received some additional choreography, what I would think of as a 2-3-2-3-2 after the corps a corps followed by a push and a glancing parry against a charge. Pretty fun stuff.
I worked with Alex who has some experience as well, and where my non-theatric experience comes from drilling with a sword in the military, and that mostly in basic training he had more extensive martial arts training. We both had a tendency to be a little heavy on the swords, dampening a little of the ringing sound we could have acheived, the fact that we worked well together and were both willing (at least I thought so, wink) to listen to suggestions from the other made the work a bit better and more fun.
Watching the film of the fights was fun. It looked pretty good without editing, not up to Basil Rathbone and Errol Flynn, though better than what I've seen in some modern B movies. Like the heavy handedness I mentioned above I noticed things I could have done better, like vocalizing more. I was relieved to find my perceptions of the work before and after seeing the recording weren't drastically altered. All the training in the past helped with the peronal perception, and I looked better than I thought. There was a rare treat!
[Post Date: 07Mar10]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home