"Acting for the Camera Certificate Program"
University of W Extension, Session 6
INTRO:
Sixth Class for "Acting for the Camera Certificate Program", at University of W Extension
We spent the class working stage combat, a pretty simple choreography with four thrusts the last being a lunge (3-4-1-2), followed by cuts to the same pattern finishing with a 5A, then a parry which is not quite a bind followed by the same pattern changing the attack and defender roles.
TOPIC: N/A
HOMEWORK
1. Practice the fight choreography and lines. (I'm Benvolio.)
2. Carry over: Get props/idea for Private moment in public exercise.
3. Carry over: Find private moment examples
REFERENCES
REFLECTION
I had to work a bit to get previous training out of my head, though I did find I was translating the High Inside to High Outside.. to 3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-5A. Even though we were using dowels I found myself getting very nervous at targeting and such. So, with the translating and fearing I was in my head quite a bit.
Now, once I got out of my head I was able to connect and start having fun with the exercise, and I'm looking forward to next week. What I'll try to do a bit this weekend is get to where I'm letting myself really act and be in the moment (while staying safe). That has been the biggest challenge for me in previous experiences with stage combat.
[Post Date: 24Feb10]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home