"Acting for the Camera Certificate Program"
University of W Extension, Session 4
INTRO:
Fourth Class for "Acting for the Camera Certificate Program", at University of W Extension
We watched the mirror shots from last week, then filmed more of the monologues. Didn't get to my monologue so this will be a brief entry.
TOPIC: N/A
HOMEWORK
1. Carry over: Get props/idea for Private moment in public exercise.
2. Carry over: Find private moment examples
REFERENCES
REFLECTION
It was painful watching my mirror shot, but not nearly so bad as I thought. I wasn't staying in character between takes, something to remember for the longer shots. I don't know if it was my nervousness, but I was drawn into my own laughter between the takes when I was trying to get my brain and instrument around the direction. I was laughing at myself and I found it infectious. Was that for real? That would be an interesting aspect of my performance I'd never suspected, the trick would be finding real laughter. I heard a few other people chuckling, mostly because I was holding back thinking I'd look goofy laughing and enjoying myself on the monitor. Now, THAT thought was a goofier than anything.
It was fun watching other people work and I'm looking forward to it with a little less apprehension. I've had a breakthrough of sorts with my voice, finally. I'm going to try and bring that to the camera work. It makes it easier to release and fill a stage and bring my emotions along for the trip. The latter part is the more important aspect, a rediscovery and extension of that initial magic which drew me to acting.
I didn't offer to come up with a moving master scenario because of the Shakespeare Intensive I just finished up (see the post date below). So I of course thought of something which I would have liked to do. Basically having a camera move along a line of people while panning up. Maybe the first peron is tying a shoe, the next doing something with their knee, the next with a belt buckle or fly, and so on. No prep or coordination needed ahead of time, except for a prop if you have something in mind for the final person. Maybe I'll bring a couple cartridges in case.
[Post Date: 07Feb10]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home