Day Twenty Three
Your Best Is Damn Dusty
CLASSES:
Combat: More review of unarmed combat. I'm finding the reaction to jab type punches the hardest. You don't want to fly your head back, crunching your neck vertebrae. What we aim to do is drop the chin then straighten the head back up, with some torso/shoulder floppy action. It looks really good when done right...
Voice: Working on the key words. I found two of my lines which had two words to hit shared strong vowel sounds. Cool.
Acting: We didn't do the final run-through as expected. (I joked they probably hadn't cast the Goldoni scenes yet.) We worked the scenes instead, with Ben and I up first. It was great moment to moment work, always coming back to being affected and acting on your partner for every thought. The first part of our scene is all blocking, and I would love to work some of the text some day... Our final run through is Sunday.
OBSERVATIONS/CLICKS:
My confidence is a bit recovered thanks to the positive comments on Sunday. Not that I'm doing better than anyone else. That I can do better than myself, but not in the competition with oneself way. Simply that what I did before is then, and I should move forward from that. Yesterday's best for a project is the starting point for today. In challenging oneself, it is the constant struggle, and the struggle is the thing which keeps me moving.
This only scratches the surface. I hope it imparts the feeling of constant challenge and discovery. Realizing you did your best work ever yesterday is an important and satisfying realization. Never, ever, should it be an end. Once you let it become an end you've limited yourself from that point on. Keep pushing the quality of the effort.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home