Day Twenty Two
Teddy
CLASSES:
Movement: I think we finished the form for "the stone game", meaning we have the etude from beginning to end, but I've been wrong before. We'll be working on it quite a bit over the months, and I'm still most challenged by the one move, moving for a sideways position to a squat with a simple otkaz. Doing this from a sideways position on the right hand, and feet in a sort of modified sideways pushup position creates challenges due to my size and last year's leg injury.
We will present movement/choreography of the pieces of text he gave us on Sunday next Sunday. (We had quite a bit of fun working it after classes on 10/28.)
George repeated his earlier statement, which I paraphrased. "Success is not what matters, but the quality of the effort."
Combat: Reviewed cuts, thrusts, and parries. The big thing for us to work on at this point is learning the numbers. That is where 1-5, 5a, 6-8 are when cutting or parrying.
Speech: Vowel quizzing. Need to review IPA symbols.
OBSERVATIONS/CLICKS:
"Success is not what matters, but the quality of the effort." This resonates for me. Not as an escape, but as a challenge. More akin to the quote I brought it for class which Ric posted a couple weeks ago. Looking at a role, character, blocking, goals, etc. Strive.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home