Day Ten
Still Hacking
CLASSES:
Movement: A little more challenging than Sunday. More work on the dactyl, and a good workout. I'm still sore the following day as I write this. We are to look in the mirror and study our at ease normal appearance, not with judgment, but simply to get a feel for our presence and what it communicates. This assignment followed a drill where we simply took stage for a three count and left stage. Also we are to work out a dactyl presentation in our drill groups for Sunday.
Stage Combat: We did some review, no front rolls today. Then we were introduced to rapiers. Lunge, advance, retreat, and passing steps forward and backward.
Speech: Going over the rest of the IPA consonant chart for English sounds we'll be using initially, mostly the American sounds, and moved to the vowels.
OBSERVATIONS/CLICKS:
I'm still fighting a cold. I'm not falling behind, but it limits my activities with regards to having a little fun and digging into the homework assignments like I want to. Maybe I'll get back to more complete notes on Friday, or even go back and add notes to what I've done for the last two class days as I have a little time.
We're going to share a lot of colds. Several classmates have kids, and we are directed to be in class unless we are at death's door. So, did I catch the cold from my officemate or a classmate. It doesn't matter, I just need to take care of myself so it doesn't develop secondary infections.
During class I observed to a few people that at the end of this week we will have surpassed our Meisner class time for the first quarter. Meisner was 10 hours a week for ten weeks. We're in class or official drill for 26 hours a week, so four weeks is 102 hours, which is a couple hours more than we spent for the first quarter of Meisner. This term is 15 weeks long, so three weeks before our break we will have passed up the time commitment for the entire year of Meisner. And we'll still have two quarters to go.
I know the little math exercise is a bit silly. It makes me excited though. I remember how much I learned and developed during Meisner, and get glimpses of it in ETI. The numbers help make it a little more concrete for me, placating the logical side.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home