Day Thirty Six
Into It
CLASSES:
Rehearsal: We worked the scenes we'd blocked Sunday. I need to work on my habit of de-emphasizing words. I think this is an old habit of giving weight to the words, but it sure doesn't play on stage. I don't remember where the habit came from, just have an awareness. I suspect it has obfuscated my intent at times, so I'll use this rehearsal awareness to get rid of the habit, or at least reduce it a lot.
Stage Combat: We did unarmed review today, and a fight scene.
Contact slap to my face
Backhanded slap to me with knap
Contact hit to my right deltoid
To my knees, and I get my hair pulled
As partner is preparing to clobber, I contact punch to the belly.
Still on my knees, contact hit to the groin (right thigh slap).
Get up then like I'm asking if they're alright, contact punch to the lat
Contact kick to the thigh
Choke partner from behind
Partner breaks the choke hold
Left cross to me.
We worked the sequence, then demonstrated for the rest of the class. We went first, and my partner was the smallest person in the class, or the next to smallest. It was pretty funny to people, as I was the one who got clobbered, the biggest in the class.
OBSERVATIONS/CLICKS:
I thought we were going to continue blocking, and was relieved as I hadn't had as much time to work on character and text as I would have liked. Running it was quite helpful, and while I hadn't moved forward as much as I'd wanted to it seems the direction from the initial blocking runs had sunk in more than I expected. Still lots to do, but it leaves me wondering if the changing actions and specificity we are striving for has already sunk in a bit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home